Monday, July 20, 2009

Idiocy

This is a little story I like to call "Me Being an Idiot". It goes something like this. I am in my room. I want to go downstairs. I get up, walk over to the door, and switch off the lights. I then grab the door handle, and pull it open. Straight into my face. I guess I was standing a tad close when I opened it. It's another one of those moments of genius that are sprinkled on my life. My glasses got screwed up pretty bad when they were shoved into my face, and so I spent the next fifteen minutes straightening them out. They're still a little wonky, but until I get my new pair ( Saturday ), this'll have to do. Come to think of it, it's not that bad; if I wasn't wearing my glasses then I would've gotten a black eye or something.

Now on to more tales of idiocy. This time, in ArmA, a shooter-war-etc. game/FPS. Here's how it goes. I have to get my squad in a car. I tell them to follow me, and walk them five hundred meters to get inside. Nothing happens. I realize that one squad member is still five hundred meters away, shouting on the radio that he's lost. Very well, I walk all the way back, tell him to follow me, and walk to the car again. He doesn't move an inch. I walk all the way back to him. I now have two options. a) I can order my squad out of the car and make the entire 800m journey on foot. b) I can shoot him in the face. Since all my squad members ( the alive ones, anyway ) will then be in the car, I can proceed. I choose B. I run back to the car and it starts driving.

Straight into a tree. I end up making the entire 800m journey on foot anyway, one man less. It's these infuriating, ridiculous moments that make me feel like giving up. It's the awesome fun before and after that ensure that I don't.

No comments: