Thursday, November 5, 2009

Remember, Remember

The Fifth of November. Just saying, because V for Vendetta is one of my favourite movies ever ( although I never read the comic book, which came first, but I did read Watchmen though, which is by the same author - and widely recognised to be the greatest graphic novel of all time ). For the uninitiated, the 5th of November is Guy Fawkes Day, who was this guy who blew up something. Or something like that. Anyway, right now, as I write this, my internet has mysteriously died, so I'm typing this on Notepad, for the sole reason that I have absoluteley nothing better to do. I want my Internet! This hasn't happened in a while, which just makes it more jarring when it does, ( no Team Fortress 2 - nooo!! ) and I can only hope it fixes itself tomorrow.

Speaking of games, Boon Kuan, Jia Min and I have made yet another version of Total War on paper, which is just as well because there's nothing else to do in class since the exams are over. And I'm really glad - also because my results thus far have been really very good ( especially Math, which I struggled with in mid year - and I got an A for BM. An A! ). So good, in fact, that my overall average is now better than Jia Min. Which, as many of you know, is practically impossible, so thank God for that. Anyway, now, what to do. I was thinking of playing Total War ( the real one ) again, but my Egyptian campaign on Very Hard difficulty seems to be an exercise in futility. And frustration. Oh well.

No comments: