Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Orange Box

I haven't been posting for a while, partly due to glee, partly due to frustration and partly due to an infuriating internet connection problem ( grrr.. ). The glee, then. In an earlier post that I made that nobody read on this sad, sad little blog, I stated that if everything had gone according to plan ( my evil scheme for complete and utter world domination ) then I would buy The Orange Box that day, a compendium of gaming goodness costing 150 ringgit.

I did. Wee hee hee. Then, I played Half-Life 2 ( a part of The Orange Box ) and completed the entire thing in nine hours. Some of the best nine hours spent staring intently at a lighted box of my entire life. Then I played Team Fortress 2 ( also included in a certain box ), a multiplayer game this time, kinda like Soldier Front meets The Incredibles ( seriously, just check out the screenshots ) minus the suck. Another three hours down.

And then comes the frustration. Everything goes wrong. I mean, my computer always crashed, but usually, after one or two crashes it would work again. That time, when I wanted to continue my Team Fortress 2 antics, it crashed. And it crashed. And it crashed. About fifteen times in a row. I don't know about you, but I don't think that's normal. And just when things couldn't possibly get worse, in comes the infuriating internet connection problem.

So there, me sitting there, in front of the computer, trying to play a game meant crashing it, and the internet was inaccesible. And there I sat, for four hours, doing nothing but crashing it, hoping it would finally let up. It didn't. And now you know why I haven't posted. Thankfully now, my internet is back up and running ( as you can see ) and my dad finally made a call to the computer store about my games problem; the first progress we've made in four months.

Fingers crossed man. Oh yeah, and happy holidays, even though I haven't had much.

No comments: