Thursday, August 21, 2008

Killer Boredom

Two days ago, I was at my friend's house. There I watched Borat, a great although slightly disturbing movie. I also played Counter-Strike and read The Killing Joke ( a Batman comic book that explains the origins of the Joker ). But to me, the best part was No More Heroes, a game that we played on my friend's Wii.

No More Heroes follows the journey of a very badly named assassin out to kill ten other very badly named assassins in order to be ranked first by the United Assassin's Association's League of Hitmen. The combat was an utter gorefest, which made it more fulfilling than most games. I ended up playing it for eight hours straight. Too bad I had to leave just after completing the penultimate assassination.

Two days ago, I had fun. The same can't be said for yesterday, unless you happen to have a freaking boredom fetish. Let's recap what I did. I woke up, went downstairs, went upstairs and then lay on my bed for about an hour. Repeat steps two to four. And that's the most comprehensive assessment of the events that I experienced yesterday that I'm willing to give you. The point is, I was bored to tears.

Why you might ever care, I don't know. In fact, I know you probably don't. I'm going to the cybercafe ( for sure this time ) right after lunch with Shaun, so hopefully, history won't have to repeat itself.

No comments: