Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Technical Difficulties

This is the first post I've made in eleven days ( gasp! ). Well, the truly shocking part is that that's not because I was lazy. Well, yeah, that too, but it's mainly ( if not wholly ) due to the fact that eleven days ago, my internet modem and ADSL splitter decided that life wasn't worth living anymore and went to that great electronics store in the sky.

I just got a new modem and splitter yesterday, so hopefully these ones will be more emotionally stable ( AKA, not emo ). During those eleven blackout days, I had noticed something. I noticed that I had a lot more free time than before. You see, my free time is split like this: fifty percent obsessively using the computer to post crap on my blog that nobody actually reads ( this included ) and fifty percent... well.... everything else.

For the past eleven days there has been a less-than-convenient void in my schedule. I filled said void by lying on my bed, swearing at my modem, counseling Brandon over the phone, wandering aimlessly from room to room and urhh... sleeping. I should've well... spent that time actually living my life, but I kinda... wasted it. It's not too late though. I can take this as a lesson, get off the computer, and do something... something different. Something... better than this. But the fact that you're reading this means I've utterly failed to take my own advice. Oh well. 'Till next time.

No comments: