Thursday, February 19, 2009

Spy Extraordinaire

With Mirror's Edge completed, Far Cry 2 too long and drawn out for me to care about it anymore, and Company of Heroes saved for my likely skirmish with Brandon in 1 Utama tomorrow, I have since devoted my entire gaming time to Team Fortress 2, specifically the Spy class. Team Fortress 2 is a class-based multiplayer shooter, of which the most interesting class by far is The Spy. A Spies' main weapon is his butterfly knife, but his true power comes in what he can do. He can momentarily render himself invisible the sneak into the enemy base.

Then, he disguises himself as any class of the opposing team. Then, when an unsuspecting victim walks by, he grabs his knife and shivs him in the back for a one-hit-kill backstab. A good Spy can slip flawlessly between the enemy ranks, backstab their most crucial players, stop an offensive in it's tracks, and cripple the most powerful defense. A Spy like me however, gets set on fire, shot at, exploded, bludgeoned, sniped and even backstabbed by other spies at every turn.

I thought I was doing almost okay, with a near 1:1 kill ratio ( yeah, okay, laugh ) until I saw OMFGNinja's Advanced Spy Tutorial. Search it if you want, that guy must have been born with a knife in his hand. In the real world meanwhile, on the bus, I've been making Shaun and Jezzey laugh to the point of tears two or three days in a row now. I'm gonna try and do it again today, just for fun. I also finally ended up listening to Love Story; a song that Shaun has posted quite clearly on his blog of super emo death.

The problem with love stories though, is that's they're just stories. Just ask every movie star in the world. And then ask Michael Jackson. One last thing, I have an English oral test coming up, and I've no idea what I'm gonna talk abbout, so if you could give me a topic that is politically correct to say in front of a classroom that I happen to have a ridiculously deep understanding of, that would be great.

No comments: