Saturday, June 20, 2009

Braid

Braid is the name of my latest time-waster. I've been playing it for the last couple of days, and I won't rest until it's completed. I owe it to my brain. Braid is a puzzle game, but much smarter than your average one. In short, it's like Mario with time travel. It's also one of the most difficult games I've ever played. Some puzzles are really, really hard, and I get a headache just thinking about it. But it's awesome. The artwork is beautiful, and the endless soothing tones give a nice, relaxing feeling. Or they would, if some of the puzzles were not so bloody hard. I've spent forty-five minutes on collecting just one item. And many puzzles I'm yet to complete. But the satisfaction of it is immense.

On another, completely unrelated note, I counted like 15 police officers lining the streets on the drive down here, plus one helicopter. Whatever's going on, I hope it's good. On yet another unrelated note, my Team Fortress 2 skills have dipped considerably. You see, I'm beginning to suck. And the more I suck, the less I play. The less I play the more I suck; and so on. Thus, I am now downloading ArmA, the sequel to the ultra-realistic Operation Flashpoint that I loved so much. Godspeed.

No comments: