Monday, June 29, 2009

Band of Brothers

I've now been spending my nights watching Band of Brothers, a 10-part HBO miniseries focusing on the actions of Easy Company, United States Army, during World War II. No, they're not really brothers. Anyway, I'm of the opinion that it's freaking awesome, as I've always had a thing for war movies, cases in point: Generation Kill, Saving Private Ryan and Black Hawk Down. I recommend all, although the opening scene in Saving Private Ryan is not for the squeamish. Anyways, I've got the DVD boxset, and there are ten episodes, each about an hour plus long. That'll fill a few nights. Not to mention the special features.

Since I've finished Braid it was only a matter of time before something crawled up to take it's place in my cramped schedule. And that is GRID. A racing game, and it's about as far from Need for Speed as you can possibly get. By that I mean it makes sense. It's realistic. And that also means it's absofreakinglutely difficult. I tried normal mode and the best I got was eleventh place. Out of twelve. Even easy aint no cakewalk. It is hardness incarnate. There's even this Le Mans 24 Hour race, which in real life is 24 hours long. Here it's 24 minutes. I got 19th place. Out of 20. The 20th car got totalled. That was easy mode. Sigh.

No comments: