Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Joys of the Internet

I love the internet. I love it so much. It's the inanimate object that I love the most, which is kinda wrong, but I don't care.

I hate projects. I hate then so much. It's the inanimate object I hate the most, which is kinda wrong but I don't care either.

One of the main reasons I love the internet so much is because they help me finish as fast as possible the thing that I hate so much. Similar to most of you, I have three ( infuriatingly annoying ) projects. These are: my Geography project, Civics, and Moral.

First up, Geography. Instead of being like all those hard-working slaves in my class, I decided not to make a single original sentence. I found the article on Damansara Jaya in Wikipedia along with that of our school ( man, they have everything ). It had loads and loads of stuff, but it was all in English. Too lazy to translate with my head, I found an English to Malay translator on Blackle ( which I am now using instead of Google ).

One down , two to go. Next, Civics. This was another infuriating task made incredibly simple by the wonders of the internet. There were two steps to this task: First, ask a friend to send me the completed project in an e-mail. Second, change the names. Done.

Lastly, there was Moral. Since this was a group project, I was assigned to one task: the history of Malacca. I logged on to the Malay version of Wikipedia, searched Malaccan history, and copy-pasted everything on the page.

Once again, the internet saves the day.

No comments: