Thursday, December 11, 2008

Company of Heroes

Recently, with my comp being fixed and all, with the supermagical interwebs ( AKA the internet ) being fixed, I now find myself elated. Being without a proper working computer for five whole months has made me appreciate this a whole lot more. That, and the knowledge that The Orange Box will soon be up-and-running on my computer, playing completely problem-free and quite possibly becoming the greatest frag-fest of my life. I await keenly.

I also have just recently purchased Company of Heroes. It's a World War II real-time strategy game that- wait, come back! There's one important difference between Company of Heroes and the tonnes of other repetitive RTS games you may have played recently. It's bloody freaking awesome. Especially with freinds. Oh yes. The satisfaction of wiping out eighteen enemy soldiers ( Shaun's ) with a single hand grenade is almost unparralleled in the RTS world.

Well, maybe running over enemy troops with an incredible Jagdpanther German tank destroyer would beat it. Or perhaps a direct hit by a remote controlled bomb that wipes out an entire enemy army. Oh yeah. On top of that, the fun is multiplied when playing against freinds, because you know your every moment of glee is accompanied by despair in others. Man, I'm getting nervous just thinking about it. My inner gamer calls. Till next time.

No comments: