Thursday, December 18, 2008

GY Camp '08

GY Camp '08 ( Grace Youth ) has just ended yesterday. I went. Wa ha. It lasted four days, and the camp itself was in Peace Haven, so close to Genting Highlands that you could practically smell it. Oh yeah. To describe the camp in a word: cold. In two words: very cold. And in several words: very cold because I did not have a jacket and now it feels face-meltingly hot now that I got back.

It would be ridiculous to describe all the events that took place, but the basic thing is you're split into groups, each group has a cute little nametag, and you work together in games ( such as the Hydrowar, which took place in the freezing cold, not somewhere you want to be when you're soaking wet ).

Met a lot of new friends, ( who, almost like clockwork, commented on my "accent" ) saw some old ones ( Benjamin, Timothy, Jared ) and had some cup noodles ( wee! ). But one of the highlighhts of the camp was going outside on the last night at 12.30am. It was amazing. And amazingly cold. I was constantly bombarded by ice-cold ( methinks 16-21 degrees ) winds, but that didn't stop me from spending a good 45 minutes there.

In a post I made quite a while back ( Look at the Stars ) I said that global warming was gonna mess everything up beyond recognition. But Genting Highlands is one of the last places in Malaysia where you can actually look up and see the stars. Hundreds of 'em. We also saw the lights of KL, and, incredibly, we saw race cars drifting around the corners down below. Oh yes.

No comments: