Thursday, January 1, 2009

Here It Comes

The first day of 2009 has me in a reflective mood about all the things I did, I should've done, I never should've dared to do and what I should've done anything for in 2008. All in all, it was a good year, I survived quite nicely, avoided Twilight the best I could and murdered a minimum of my friends. Let's see... The year really kicked off quite badly. First, I was told they have a beggining-of-year exam as well ( that's like having a beggining-of-life burial ).

After that, I got plopped in Keruing, which wasn't really that bad, except the fact that 99% of the time Jivean and Jun Yee were dicks, although that was eventually fixed up ( bye, Jivean ). After which the nicest teachers I had ever had left, which just made me a bit uhmmm... twitchy. Next thing I remember was the Planet Shakers concert ( the first concert I'd ever been too - yeah I know ) which was good. Wee.

Somewhere around there as well was the Scouts Camp in school, the single most agonising school day of my entire life. I have enough regret to fill a whale aquarium, and drown the whale. Next thing I remember was the mid-year exams, which I really didn't care about at all. Even so, methinks I got satisfactory results, which was astounding, really. After that school became more... rushed as the End neared.

Next was pressure. A whole shitload. After studying for an amazing one hour a day ( yeah, I know ) I then learned that the top five classes are randomised. *twitch* Anyways, the school year then ended with a bang and three pizza slices, three Mammee Monsters, three Ferrerro Rochers and about 2 and a half cups of soft drink ( we were allowed exactly 1 of each ). Oh yeah, and before the exams was my birthday party, which was mysteriously missing all the girls I invited ( probably because my last one sucked ).

After the exams came another party which I had to end up organizing, but was fun anyway. Then punctuated throughout the holidays was 6 - 7 trips to the cybercafe with Shaun, Jezzey, and sometimes Brandon. Also during the hol's was the 2008 Grace Youth camp, which was at Peace Haven, Genting Highlands which was nice ( and cold! ). Looking down, I could actually see some sports cars drifting along the slopes.

Oh yeah, and Twilight. Oh dear. It has invaded practically every place in the world, and the infection is likely to spread. However, I rest in the fact that there are more firearms in the world than copies of Twilight that could ever be made, so, if the need arises, we could simply gun down all involved - I'm looking at you, society! By now, you've probably already stopped reading, so I'll just end with this. Hope you had a Happy New Year, and hope you survive 'till the next one.

No comments: