Friday, October 10, 2008

Insignificance

It's funny how something quite so small and insignificant can be thought of as so incredibly important by some, yet completely dismissed by others. My case in point, exams thought of as very, very important by a good portion of the schoolchildren of Malaysia and dismissed by well, me.

The exam that I am currently focusing on is the one that you will be going through quite soon indeed: the Form 1 end-of-year exams. Pft. I don't care. Why should you? I mean, yes, education is very ( twitch ) important and blah blah blah vomit gag cough but these aren't even very important exams. I mean, getting a job and your university degree I can understand, but these are your end-of-year exams for Form 1.

It's end-of-year, not end-of-the-world and it's not like you'll die if you fail. What I'm trying to say to those of you who sweat so much about this every day is chill. Relax. I mean, can you really honestly tell me that when you look back at this twenty years on you'll remember this exam as being one of the important, pivotal events in your life? If you can, then I don't ( or don't want to ) know you.

No comments: