Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Looking For Alaska?

I don't read much, aside from textbooks and school crap that I am obliged to, lest me lose my freedom to spend hours on the computer each day. But, a few months ago, I was introduced to a book known as Looking For Alaska. Alaska is the name of a person, by the way, and it tells the story of a boy, fascinated with famous last words who goes to a boarding school, bored with his life, searching for a "Great Perhaps".

I've never been one for good ( or even passable ) storytelling, so I'll refrain from blabbering more about it to the point where decide to stab me with a spork. What I must say, however, is that you should at least read some of this book, which I can, without much hesitation say is one of the best books I have ever read. Although I can't tell you that I've read a lot of books, trust me, it's really good.

Well I don't know. I have a long history of disagreeing with everyone, so whenever you next go to a bookshop ( if you ever stop playing DotA ) I suggest you find it, and at least read a few pages; if people can spend their time reading and re-reading Twilight then they sure as hell should be reading this. Other great works which I believe are underappreciated include V For Vendetta and Blood Diamond, but that's for another time.

P.S. Oh yeah, I'm having exams today...

No comments: